23 May 2010

Sunday Sunday

7 Small Shawls: T - 223 days and counting down.

Today, I slept in. I would love to get more used to this. :) Especially when #1 son makes pancakes! I really did mean to photograph them before I had eaten them, but somehow I forgot until it was almost too late!
They were delicious: whole grain with blueberries we had bought fresh in season and frozen.

I had such great plans for this day, truly I did. But first I needed to take Bear to a 4-H meeting to work on the parade float for next week's fair. The leader had assured us that there would be food since the meeting ran through lunch time. I took along snacks for Bear anyway, because he might be allergic to what was offered. You know where this is going, right? No food. Only a few kids, none of whom wanted to paint the banners for the trailer. Three other parents and I ended up doing almost the whole thing. Bear and I got back at 4:30. But we saved the day (after eating "lunch!"). DH, Bear and I all piled in the car to pick #1 Son up from a birthday party and then we headed to Baskin Robbins. I do think that a hot fudge sundae can cure almost any imaginable ill, don't you?

Needless to say, though, only a little swatching on Shawl #2 was done today.
And some chart writing and pattern notes.
I tend to design things in my head and then write them down as I knit them. And if possible, my swatches are done so that, if they work out as planned, I can continue knitting them into the actual garment. So my little swatch above is the start of a shawl. I ripped it out several times, and I now have the envisioned start to my next small shawl. I'll show you more tomorrow!

I need to warn you though: shawl #2 doesn't include the wonderful pattern I showed you last post. After I wrote that, it occurred to me that I cannot do a top down shawl with that stitch pattern, which is what I had been thinking. :soundofhandhittingforehead: I need to do some serious experimenting and thinking on this one in order to make it look as imagined. I may shift my imagination a bit, too. Plus, I think it needs to be in Malabrigo sock yarn. :) So I went on to one I've been thinking about for some time.

I just realized today that I think about designing patterns or pins all the time, no matter what I'm doing. There's always a little extra dialogue and picture show going on in my brain. I told my husband this, and he said "this is news to you!?" He usually has me figured out before I do. Predictable? That's me.

I'm off to block my garter stitch Merope. Pics tomorrow!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Love the color of that yarn! Really enjoying watching the creative process for the 7 small shawls, will make working on them even more fun! Thanks!

4:59 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Yep, ice cream fixes everything! Can't wait to see what you come up with next, shawl-wise. As for that berry pattern, I am a patient person. I know it will be well worth waiting for.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Husbands are good for that kind of thing, aren't they? Built-in reality checkers... ;-)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home