03 May 2010

Monday's Musing

Sometimes when I go looking for quote of a particular nature, something else I come across strikes me and I go off on a tangent. That's what happened today. I wanted a quote about the decisions we all make and how they affect our lives. How, whoever we are and whatever we are, we have the power to change and work on that person. #1 Son is having issues with that. And I've just realized the most difficult part of being a parent is watching your kids make poor choices. It's agonizing. At any rate, I was looking for a great quote to show #1 Son, but then I saw the following and burst out laughing. I needed that. :)

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin

btw, when #1 Son had just started reading, he used to pronounce Benjamin as "been jammin'." It's stuck in this household. :)

I just remembered the perfect quote:

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Dumbledore (JK Rowling)

Have a great week!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

I love quotes and sayings. SOmetimes a lyric from a song. Years ago i picked up one of those lined but blank books and started writing down ones i heard and liked, maybe even related to. I keep it on my desk and am always adding to it. Have to add dumbledorf!

10:03 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

I think I would have like Benjamin Franklin if I had known him in person. I didn't miss him by much.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I can tell you, Romi, it doesn't get easier as they age. My 29 year old unburdened her heart just the other day. She said, "I don't know why I don't listen to you, you're always right." My dad used to tell people I got my degree from Hard Knock U. He was right, of course.

I like both of your quotes.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Laura Sue said...

Ah Rudee, you and me both. My 29 year old son is going to miss his college graduation because of a bad decision. I can't do much but let go and listen if he asks. I don't tend to interfere, but it's still very hard to watch.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Well, given the current course my household is embarking on, your search topic struck home, as my husband and I now try to find a young lady whom we hope will make the same decision I made 20 years ago when I gave my son up for adoption.

It is the hardest decision I've ever made, but to this day I still know it was the right one.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sheri Karobonik said...

you had no linky so I added your blog to my twitter feed.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home