07 May 2010

Friday Wrap-up

Today, I went into San Francisco to pick up my aunt's clothing (sadly MIA: a pair of socks and a shawl I knit for her) and her ashes. Lisa says that ashes are surprisingly heavy, but my aunt was so tiny when she passed that hers hardly weighed anything at all. I'm glad my husband wouldn't let me go alone today. We all went, and on the way back stopped in the town where I grew up for lunch. It was a very strange day. I felt like Haley Joel Osment: "I see dead people."

I was exhausted when we returned home, so I did the best thing for exhaustion. I took a nap. And then I spun.

And then I went for a walk. I feel almost human again!

I am, in fact, feeling human enough to be lusting after Connie's lovely lovely sweater Alexandria (although not in pink - not for me).
(Photos © Parikha and Hemal Mehta and used with Connie's permission)

I feel foolishly proprietary about Connie; before her first design came out in Knitter's, she posted to a list I was on at the time saying that she was excited. She was so sweet about it that I watched out for her, curious to see what she had designed. And truly? She completely blew me away. I knew when I saw that sweater (Auburn Mist) that she was really really special. And, I'm happy to say, everyone else knew too. :) Have you seen the project she was recently part of? On Jared's blog? Now there's another very very special person, who is also incredibly kind and unassumingly nice. And his model is another of my favorite people.

Not much of a wrap up, I know, but it will have to do for today! My brain is a little fried, and tomorrow is the Swim-a-Thon. I want to thank those of you who sponsored my boys; that was so very kind of you! It will help the team a great deal.

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to do a bit of pattern writing so my testers can commence testing!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Manon C. said...

I just finished Alexandria last night and it is now waiting to be blocked. Like you, I really enjoy Connie's designs and this one did not disappoint!

Manon

12:01 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Awww. Thank you, Romi, for that lovely post and mention. Will you be at TNNA? I would love to meet you in person. I'll be in and out...just for the weekend. I couldn't afford to take more time off work, but I wanted to come.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home