25 May 2010

Drip drip drip

7 Small Shawls: T - 221 days and counting down.

Amusement on a rainy day.
I know. For someone who professes not to like knitting with pink yarn, I've certainly had a lot of it on my blog lately, haven't I?! This one is for a secret project due yesterday, or maybe even last week. The yarn is from Scout. I think it's super pretty. :)

As promised, here is my progress so far on the second shawl in my 7 Small Shawls ebook.
I'm really liking the way this looks, which makes me wonder whether I should re-think the overall shawl.
The original concept is somewhat tailored, but I'm really loving the top with its leafy-ness, so I'm leaning toward more leaves. I'm re-thinking this one while dreaming up a chart for #3. There will be more sketching and some swatching going on in the near future.

On a personal note, I purchased a cemetery plot for my aunt, uncle and mother today. They'll be together under oak trees. I think they would have liked that.

Tomorrow I am contemplating building an ark if the rain doesn't stop soon. :glug:

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

Rosemary- you have put new life and spark into 10 in 2010 for me!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I've been doing a lot of pinky-purkply knitting, too. And that yarn is beautiful!

How thoughtful of you to let your family members rest together. :-)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

The pink must be related to spring. The yummy green, too.

I hope it stops raining soon, but it does make for perfect knitting weather, doesn't it?

Lastly, I saw that last item you snuck into this post. That will surely bring you closure, Romi. Many blessings to you.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ariane said...

Oh my. Why did I read your blog? Now I just want to buy more yarn and design something... *sigh*

I really enjoyed your pictures!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

lol, with you about the rain!
smile at the plots.

love those leaves! i really enjoy flowy, eclectic, bohemian knits. I guess i am not a very tailored girl at heart, must be the hippie in me!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home