26 April 2010

Petals

It was a lovely sunny weekend, and I enjoyed it even though I spent most of it working. Sunday, #1 Son made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and I caught them as fast as I could.
But as you can see, they were very popular!

After breakfast, the Bear was out back watching Diva the house bunny, but he came by with a gift for me.
And then he wanted to press the rest of his collection.
So I took a little break, and out came the wax paper.
He arranged them all and we folded the paper over.
I had the perfect place for them.
After about 30 seconds he asked if they were ready and I said no, that they take much longer than that. "An hour?" he asked. No, many months. "Oh."

And then it was back to work for me, but I did manage to watch "Where the Wild Things Are" with him. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

I love pressing flowers! I've had pretty good luck using coffee filters--the basket kind vs. the cone. Doesn't seem to take as long for the flowers to dry. Can't wait to see what he does with them. Hurry, Mom, hurry!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I recently came across some petals my youngest son and I put between some books maybe...five years ago? It was quite a flashback for me.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home