11 March 2010

This n That

Whew. That week flew by! The Bear's birthday was a great one - thanks to all of you for the happy birthday wishes! We had cupcakes from Bear's special cake recipe
and lots of fun.
Bear said that since he was an old man now, he needed a beard. :)

I know I'm totally behind on posting about Stitches West. I had a big deadline right afterwards, and now I'm working on another. But I thought I'd pop some eye candy in here! I'm starting with the greens and yellows. Next will come the purples and burgundies. My stash grew along strict color themes this year!

First from Karen at the Royale Hare, some amazing orangey-greeny-goldy yarn. Yum!
From Miss Babs (who is totally adorable!), this one is called Moss.
From Wabi Sabi - this color is electric in person!
And from Didi - I love this sunny color.
Yes - sock yarn. But it's all for new shawl designs. Small shawls, to be exact. :)

Speaking of small shawls, Brandywine is doing very very well!
So far, I've been able to donate $7,500 to Doctors without Borders (MSF). Knitters are totally the best! I'm just going to keep on donating until I reach my goal of 10,000 patterns sold ($50,000 to MSF), however long that takes! So - many thanks to everyone who has bought the pattern! You've all made a huge difference. :) You can purchase Brandywine on my site or on Ravelry.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Mariam said...

Romi... I've been a fan of your knitting / creating fervor, and that includes the descriptions of warmth-giving home baking. so nice to see that you share some of that on a blog as well. The photos are beautiful. Hope to get more of that inspiration! Best :)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Helen said...

You've done fantastically well with Brandywine. I took mine to Edinburgh with me this past weekend, and so many people commented on the lovely pattern. Quite a few described it as art nouveau in style. I'm sure you'll reach your target.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous sockpixie said...

More shawls! I am excited already.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! $7,500.00 already. Yarnies Rock! I'm happy to be a little part of this. Thanks for setting this up and being so generous so we could all be a part of it!

Sagacious Woman

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarns - so much to tempt me with. I'm almost half way through the chart b repeats on Brandywine - and I have 100 yards extra I want to use up - now I just need to figure out how many more repeats I can do!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home