14 February 2010

Valentine's Day round-up

Happy V Day, everyone! Don't forget my sale. :)

I have sort of a thing for hearts. Which is kind of odd, since I've never been very girly in other ways. This heart is a painting from my days as an illustrator.

I haven't had time to paint for a long long time and I miss it. There's something about the paint and dirty hands that really appeals to me! :)

Yesterday, I got to spend time with my knit group (yay - no swim meet!), and almost everyone was knitting Brandywine. My group has been so amazing and supportive; between them, they bought over 20 patterns! Here are a few of us.

It's difficult to see, but there are several Brandywines on the table in different stages of completion. Overall, I've sold almost 500 patterns, and sent off $2,000 to Doctors Without Borders. When I hit 500 sales, another $500 will go to them! Brandywine is currently number 8 in the new and popular patterns on Ravelry.



Thank you all so much for your help. Knitters are the best!

I knit almost all day yesterday, which is unusual for me since I get really fidgety sitting still. This year, I'm participating in the Knitting Olympics, but I'm not really sure why I signed up since my Olympic project is a secret. Duh! That will make for some scintillating blog posts, no? But I absolutely have to get this project finished by the time I head off for Stitches West, and I'm hoping this will give me the needed push. The challenge will be getting all the shawl pins for Stitches made and the knitting finished in time. I'm kinda freaking out about it, actually. I'm taking lots of deep breaths. And still freaking. Off to knit some more!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

I LOVE that heart painting. It is so beautiful! Thanks for posting it.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another parallel fact - I have a thing for hearts too - as a matter of fact - people notice this and give me hearts - keychains, jewelry etc and I'm always drawing them, too! Great job with the pattern sales - I'm patiently waiting for my yarn......and could make a decision to use a different yarn soon!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous SockPixie said...

I just bought the pattern. I started knitting, and it is absolutely lovely.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home