26 January 2010

knit knit knit

I know Haiti is still on everyone's mind, and I am no exception. Although I contributed to Stephanie's impressive MSF total, I am really feeling the need to do more. So I've been working on a pattern to sell for Haiti relief. I know: me and everyone else, right? But they need so much help. And hopefully, at least a few people will think it's worthwhile and I'll be able to send some more dollars where they are needed!

The pattern is a simple shawlette, knit from the tip to the top with a self edging.

The prototype is knit in some gorgeous sock yarn from Tactile Fiber Arts.

Isn't the color amazing?

After sort of a slow start last weekend (I had a cold), it's coming along pretty well now!

Which brings me to a request.

I need some test knitters! Is anyone up for it? I could really use a few super fast knitters about now! I'm writing the pattern up, but since I haven't finished knitting it myself, the bind-off is a little hazy at the moment. Anyone? (ETA: I've got test knitters now. Thank you everyone!)

The edging is garter stitch, the lace panel is stockinette, and the middle is garter stitch. It's a fun knit!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Romi:

I'd be up to give it a go. TheWoolverine on Ravelry if you want to see my stuff. I love knitting lace shawls and have a stash of sock yarn....

Jenn

6:23 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hi, Romi,

I'd be happy to give it a whirl, also. I'm tmkr on Ravelry.

Thanks!
Theresa

6:56 PM  
Blogger teanotea said...

How lovely! I'm going to have to break my no new patterns rule. I mean, it's charity, so that doesn't count. Right?

I wish I were super fast. I'll just have to wait for the test knitters to finish.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Just when you find yourself asking "Where are all of the good people?" Something like this happens and all the beautiful people emerge. :-) Your photos are stunning! I was just reading an article on aperture, depth of field, ect... You've got it down!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sheri Karobonik said...

let me know when its for sale and I will buy a copy.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romi, I'd be happy to help too, Susan's Aunt Katie

8:11 AM  
Blogger Manon C. said...

I would be happy to test-knit your shawl. I have done some test knitting for knitspot (socks), but I also knit shawls.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

You're a generous person, Romi. I'll buy your pattern when it's ready. Since you already have your test knitters, I'll have to wait until then.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know when we can buy it! Going to a fundraiser for Haiti tomorrow, but they will need ongoing help for many years to come. I even have the wool in my stash that would be perfect....

6:20 AM  
Anonymous SockPixie said...

It looks gorgeous!An the pictures too! I look forward to knitting the shawlette when the pattern is ready.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got the pattern today, will cast on tonight and post blog photos this week. Thanks again, Romi!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Helen said...

Romi that is looking gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the pattern.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home