04 November 2009

Mohair and Beads (+ a special!)

Well, I've bound off the shawl I was knitting and now I'm about to embark upon the beaded stockinette version! I always save the best for last. :) I've been knitting away at swim practice and I have to tell you that this shawl has been such a great lap warmer, and perfect take-along knitting. The chart is super super easy to memorize. I ended using three balls of Silken Kydd. But you'll see after I block it! Next up: brilliant purple/magenta kidsilk haze (I think it's a discontinued color, unfortunately) with some amazing beads that I found in my bead store travels.

Aren't those beads gorgeous? They're blue with a magenta core. Don't they look incredible with the yarn?

I am swooning over here!

And last but definitely not least is my special. I stopped having weekly specials for a bit, but I'm re-instituting them since they're so much fun! And I love having the little contests with them. Through Monday, November 9th (ends midnight, EST) take 15% off my nickel swirl twist pin (el_85n) when you enter TWISTY at checkout.

This is my current favorite pin. It's so easy to twist in, and so simple! Here it is in use:

And the contest? Retweet (mentioning this blog post and @RomiDesigns), blog about, comment on Facebook, or plurk about my special with appropriate link to my post here (and please let me know!), and be entered to win a pdf copy of my shawl pattern, Bluebird! I will choose a winner next Tuesday, November 10th. May the best lace knitter win!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri Lynn said...

I don't think I am the "best" lace knitter, but would love to be a winner!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous SecretAgent said...

Hey, Romi! I tweeted:

http://twitter.com/SecretAgentFibr/status/5457215334

11:14 AM  
Anonymous SecretAgent said...

I blogged about it too!

http://secretagentfiberarts.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/win-jewelry-and-wanna-test-a-pattern-for-me/

11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i twittered http://twitter.com/morgaine24/status/5475472150 i rock the socks on lace knitting lifelines its all about the lifelines in lace knitting lol

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those beads are incredible. What great colors you have there.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home