11 November 2009

Many Thanks

It's late in the day, but I hope not too late to give our veterans a heart felt thank you for your service. I so appreciate what you have done and do every day. My husband is a veteran and jokes that he wears his veteran's hat twice a year. Veteran's Day is one of those days, and he has had people thanking him all day for his service. It really means a lot to him to know that he is appreciated.

In other news, I've finished my garter stitch mohair/silk shawl. Here it sits, awaiting blockage:

You'll have to take my word for it that it's pretty. :) And I've started the beaded stockinette version.

I am really loving knitting this thing. The color is luminous! I wish my photography could do it justice. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend at the swim meet in Vallejo. There will be plenty of knitting time! Next week, I'll block them both and post pics.

Also this weekend, the winter issue of Twist Collective is coming out, and I have a design in it! It is due out Sunday, and I can't wait to see it. I really love Twist. The "stories" are inventive, the photography is exquisite, and the designs are high quality. I'm honored to be included!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about Twist. I love that mag. I can't wait to see what you've got in there for us!

The shawl IS gorgeous. I can't wait to see it all blocked out.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home