01 October 2009

Open Studio

Studios Magazine is putting on a great studio tour to kick off their fall issue about open studios.

Interweave asked their authors to participate, so I thought it would be fun to show you where I work! :)

Here's the view of my studio looking down from the stairs. I have a nice window and lots of books. To the right, you can see the work table where I make shawl pins.

Here's a close-up of jewelry area.

There are copious quantities of yarn, but most of it is hidden away in bins and a cedar chest. I do decorate a little with it, though. :)

This is my favorite place to sit and knit.

Here's another little corner where I work out knitwear designs and where I worked on designs for my book. My husband made me the table and chairs out of oak and stained them red. The seats and table top are made from concrete, and I often use the concrete as a background to photograph pins and other jewelry. Off to the right, you can see a bit of the resident loaner spinning wheel.

I often do a little spinning in the morning.

So what do you think? Where do you do your creative work?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing other people's spaces. It looks so relaxing!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kathleen C. said...

That's my favorite issue of that particular magazine. I always feel so inspired looking at where and how other people create.
Myself? I don't have a "space" as such. I sit on the right end of the couch to knit and have a few baskets of project stuff there, but that's it...
For now...

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Mary Anne said...

You have such a wonderful cozy spot to curl up in. There's no room in my studio for anything like that, unfortunately. Thanks so much for the peek!

10:56 AM  
Blogger virtuallori said...

I love that you have a comfortable chair in your space -- I need one of those. You can see my space on my website, if you like. Thanks for sharing.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy Tyler said...

I love your overstuffed chair and books! Such a cozy corner. Thanks for your tour. To check out my retreat, go to cathytyler.wordpress.com, if you haven't already!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Judi B said...

You do have a great, sunny window -- and I love that comfy looking chair! Thanks for sharing your studio! If you have time, drop by my virtual studio on the tour and share a virtual pot of tea with me.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Your area looks so cozy and that lime green roving is gorgeous! My creative space is all over the house and I dye outside. Thanks for the tour!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I love the space you have for your little studio. It looks so cozy and inviting. It's asking me to come sit for a while! lol. Thanks for the tour Rosemary. :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Anke Martin said...

Hi! Wonderful spot to create! And your husband created the table and chairs! That's something special, so enjoy the time you spend there!
Smiles, Anke ;)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Magpie Sue said...

What a cozy spot for your studio! It looks very inviting.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

Have run across you several times on the i-net...it's nice to see your studio and where you make such beautiful things. Thanks for the tour.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

I think your studio is wonderful: happy and inspiring. It all adds to the quality and fine craftsmanship to your work (and play). I have my "knitting chair" in a room that's almost my own, a bookcase organized by my own categorization, and baskets of yarn, most in a walk-in closet, some out for inspiration.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home