17 August 2009

Monday's Musing

"The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Three letters that determine your life's direction."

"Train your mind to think in terms of 'possible' and 'can be done'." - Remez Sasson

The other day I was working on positive thinking. Well, really, I am always working on positive thinking! I realized that when I was younger, there were times that I just knew I would win something or get something done. When I auditioned for Eastman, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was mine. And it was. When I used to write proposals for engineering and architecture contracts, I knew there was a way to get it there on time, (even after all the messengers had quit for the day and I had missed the last flight out and the printer's machines had broken down and it was midnight) and all I had to do was find it. And you know what? I did find that way. It wasn't a trash-talking kind of sureness. It wasn't an "I'm so great; I can do anything" kind of sureness. It was a knowledge, deep inside all the way into my bones, that it was going to happen.

Somehow, over the years I've lost that sureness. Maybe it's the deep realization that there are so many obstacles to overcome in our society. Maybe it's having to make daily compromises. Or maybe it's getting knocked down a few too many times. But I'm trying to get it back. I need my positive mojo. Don't we all?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmin said...

I totally know what you mean- and I feel like the universe wants me to be happy and content.

Yesterday, after the wool auction, we went to Bubba Gump's - and there were quotes from the movie on the tables. The overall message was, it's not that hard to be happy, you just have to choose where to look.

"The only good thing about being wounded in the buttocks is the ice cream. They gave me all the ice cream I could eat. " - Forrest Gump

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home