18 June 2009

Mmmmmm. Cake.

To compensate for my utter lack of time to blog in a meaningful and fibery way, I thought I would distract you with a cake I made.

Doesn't that look yummy?

The cake itself was made from scratch using an old recipe that my grandmother taught me. She called it 1-2-3-4 cake, because it has 1 cup shortening, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour and 4 eggs (among other things). I cheated on the icing though, because mine never comes out the way I want it to. I think I'm icing-impaired. It was for an auction, so I don't really know how it tasted; I can only surmise. But given the fact that this is my absolute favorite white cake recipe, I know I would have been happy to end up with it. :)

Hope everyone has had a great week! We're getting ready for a swim meet this weekend.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Mmmmm...looks yummy!

I made carrot cake today (birthday dinner for my 12! year old). It was delicious. :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Pretentious Wombat said...

This must be a Twilight Zone moment. I am currently listening to Lime and Violet and reading blogs. Violet began talking about your shawl pins and the very next blog that popped up on my Google Reader was yours. I feel as though Rod Serling must be lurking somewhere nearby.

11:43 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

you are evil! i'm on a dier ;/)

11:50 PM  
Blogger pearl said...

everything that you make/create is fabulous/amazing!!!!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home