02 May 2009

What a difference a week makes

In the weather, that is.

I just got back from a very rainy swim meet. Outdoor meet, that is! Believe it or not, though, it was a fun time! And #1 Son swam really well, with a couple of personal bests.

But last week this time, I was sailing San Francisco Bay with my family on a friend's boat. It was a perfect day, the opening of the Maritime Season, and I promised you some pics!

The Golden Gate Bridge in the distance, as we sailed past Alcatraz (not in the picture).

A little closer here; you can see the outline of Fort Point on the left under the bridge.

The San Francisco skyline. It was too hazy to pick out much detail as this was looking back towards the sun.

Me, coming out of the companionway.

A giant container ship we saw unloading at the Port of Oakland and then heading back out to Tokyo.

The Bay Bridge.

The base of one of the Bay Bridge towers. Bear with me here. I am a total geek about bridges, so I took a bunch of shots going under the bridge.

Underneath the Bay Bridge.

More underneath the bridge.

The tower as we passed out the other side.

This was such an incredible day! And I'm so glad to have some pictures of it, because I don't have anything knitting-, crochet- or bead-related that I can divulge on my blog! Soon, though. :)

Back to the second day of the swim meet tomorrow. More wind and rain expected. :sigh:

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger NHKnittingMama said...

Oh, I love these pics! One of my favorite trips with my husband was to San Francisco, so it brings back great memories. Happy Sunday!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Great pictures Romi. I love bridges too.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Neat bridge! Like the Golden Gate, only not! Looks like fun. :-)

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those pics! I adore taking the ferry from Jack London Square to Ferry Plaza and having brunch. Now I don't have time to do that very often, but it does mirror your path under the Bay Bridge.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

I love the pictures! It also helps me see a little better why the Cosco Busan (spelling?) didn't do more damage to the bridge than it did when it hit it--that thing's well buttressed.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home