31 May 2009

Bad Blogger!

I've been a bad blogger, having abandoned my poor blog for some tweeting lately. I love the instant gratification, but it doesn't get my blog properly updated, I'm afraid. I'm RomiDesigns on Twitter, so stop by and see me!

I've been knitting secret projects and swatches, and I've been spinning, making pins, crocheting and writing. I need some simplification, I think. May was crazy, what with the kiddos going to swim meets, 4H fair and end of school year. What a strange month it's been! Lisa says it's because Mercury has been retrograde. I'm thinking she has a point there!

Here's some of the spinning I've done. First we have the singles.

It's a merino/tencel blend (in Gingko) from Tactile Fiber Arts and it spins up soooooo beautifully! There's a lovely sheen to it, and the color is gorgeous. Here it is as it's being plied.

I am not up on all the spinning technical talk, but I can tell you that I used the worsted method. This is more accurate as far as color goes.

I put a lot of twist into it.

I love the way it turned out. Not perfect, but I enjoyed knitting with it!

Tune in soon to see the project I've done with it! I also have some left, and I think it's enough for a lacy scarf. Wooot!

In other news, the wonderful Shannon Okey featured my felted jewelry projects and my book, Elements of Style... in an article in Yarn Forward Magazine!

She rocks. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Does it make me a bad blog friend if I'm absolutely disgusted at how beautiful your spinning is when you've only been spinning like, what, five minutes? Wanna come give me lessons?

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home