29 April 2009

This 'n' that

Today I'm feeling kinda random.

Last Sunday, we went sailing on SF bay on a friend's boat. It was gorgeous. Pics soon!

Monday, my book was featured on the Knitting Daily blog! I had a great time being interviewed by Sandi Wiseheart. She is awesome!

I had a knitter's nightmare last night. I dreamed that I had almost finished a stole (I'm pretty sure it was the Kimono Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls out of Royale Hare hard twist sock yarn). When I looked down and stretched it out a little to see the lace pattern, I found all sorts of moth holes in it. It was awful! Thankfully, I woke up soon after.

This is a poem my 9 year old son wrote and read for his swim team's potluck and talent night. He wrote it by himself; I am blown away by him!

The 50 Free

The whistle sounds.
Up on the block I hop,
the clock going tick-tock.
The starter says “Take you mark.”
and the buzzer goes off – “BEEP!"

I bound off the block
like a mad man can.

The splash and dash
cut a gash
of whitewater through the pool.
All throughout the valiant duel
the water so cool.

A trail of whitewater as long as a snake’s tail
slashes through the pool.


He did a great job reading it too!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

Congratulation R! Your work is beautiful and deserves recognition.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

Congrats on your book! Hope it sells oodles.

And your son is a burgeoning poet laureate. Great poem.

5:23 PM  
Blogger astoriaAnn said...

Wow that's fabulous -- your son is a great writer!

8:01 AM  
Blogger thursday said...

Wow! That's a great poem!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous kerry said...

I never would have guessed he's only nine from that poem! I especially like the image of the snake tail. I work with a guy who teaches swimming, I'm going to show it to him, too.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive! Neat kid!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Maia said...

Wow! fabulous!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home