10 March 2009

This and that

So. While I was away at Stitches West, the new Twist Collective came out. It got pretty much lost to me in the whir of activity and subsequent exhaustion, but I've just had a chance to look over it more closely. I have an article on knitting with wire and a free pattern for a choker in there.

(ROTFL! I just noticed that they put in "tetanus shots optional")! I hope you will all check out the article, as it gives a bunch of little tips that I've found really helpful in my wire projects. And did you know that Scout photographed the Big Sky section? She rocks.

Overall, I think my favorite pattern is the sunflower toy. I love it!

I've been spinning more these days to relax a bit. Spinning is soooooo soothing; much more so than knitting, for some reason. I just finished a little plying and I am just so taken with the color!

I love it. It was mystery fiber to me (I got it at Knitterly and it was totally unlabelled), but Karen from the Royale Hare recognized it on my blog and claimed it as hers!

The colors in it are amazing.

My big treat when I spin is steaming the yarn over the kettle at the end. I love watching the yarn twist and writhe and then relax into shape. So cool.

And last but definitely not least, I'll leave you with the image of the birthday cupcakes I made for the littlest one to take to swim practice. Not as pretty as Jane's, but they were tasty, and they didn't last very long!

They are also vegan (the littlest one is allergic to dairy and eggs), and if you all want, I will share the recipe!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the choker and cupcakes. Please share the recipe as I am vegan as well and cupcakes looks delicious.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Please share the recipe! my eldest son is allergic to dairy and eggs and would love cupcakes!!! I love the jewellry x

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I'd love the recipe. I have a great vegan chocolate cake recipe,but I would like one for cupcakes.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Can you give instructions for steaming yarn? I've only ever wet-finished my homespun.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Huh. I've never steamed my handspun. I always wash it. I'd like to see that in person.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home