04 March 2009

Stitches West 2009 Report, Part I

Whew! Where to start? I am feeling human again, after many naps. Stitches was amazing. I saw old friends, reconnected with people I had not spoken to for some time, met new people, and met old virtual friends in person. What a great time! I won't even attempt to name names; there were too many and I know I would leave important people out, as my brain isn't quite recovered yet!

I did get my pattern all ready and the piece into the fashion show, as well as getting as many pins as possible made. And I made it down to Santa Clara at about 4:45 on Thursday evening (the show preview opened at 5:00 - yep I cut it close!).

So I know what you've been waiting for: the goodies! Today is yarn (tomorrow we'll do fiber)! I was lucky enough to be invited to hang out in the Royale Hare booth. Karen gave me my own little corner of the world, where I displayed my lace and pins, and signed my book (I also signed at Habu on Friday). And after looking at all that gorgeous yarn for so long, of course I came away with some of Karen's laceweight.

This is the Royale Hare's new laceweight silk in Azure. The minute I saw it, I could not get that color out of my mind. I had to have it! It is even more gorgeous in person.

Here's a new Royale Hare-Designs by Romi designer color of alpaca lace: Light Spring Green. It has little flecks of gold in it. Yum. I tried to resist, because we all know I don't need any more green laceweight! But alas, the siren song of the green was too much for me to bear! I love love love this color that Karen dyed for me!

And this is possibly my very favorite, even though I don't usually go for pinks. This one is the Royale Hare Medium Orchid alpaca laceweight. Mmmmmmmmm.

Also in my rambles, I visited the lovely Kristine of A Verb for Keeping Warm. Look at the color of that silk! It's Transnational Fury, and it is achieved with natural dyes! I know. Amazing, isn't it?

So now I am designing, designing, designing!!!

On another note, my friend Joanne's book is out! Fiber Gathering, a book about fiber festivals in the US, has one of my patterns among the mix. Evergreen is a warm and cuddly stole, that is a surprisingly soothing knit.

If you're on Ravelry, you can see all of the projects here. Congratulations, Joanne!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

Mmmmm. Gorgeous stuff that!

2:01 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely spring colors! I feel like I stumbled into a yarn garden!

4:54 AM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Nice! I love A Verb For Keeping Warm - I picked up an ounce of silk fiber from her for spindle spinning.

I love Stitches - I save $$ all year for it so I can go a little crazy without breaking the bank. Such decadence!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful stuff; that orchid is definitely my color!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous yarns! All will look just lovely on you.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home