07 March 2009

Mmmmm. Fibery goodness.

Or Stitches West, Part Deux.

I also got some gorgeous fiber at Stitches West, since I am now a confirmed fiber-holic. First up, from Karen at the Royale Hare, we have some amazingly soft (and green) superwash BFL. Just look at that color!

This is going to be a hat for my mail carrier, whose spinning wheel I have. She was so sweet; she loaned me her wheel indefinitely because she's not using it, but doesn't want to sell it to me because she'd never buy another! She likes green, too. :) I couldn't resist starting to spin it.

It is sooooooo soft.

Karen doesn't have fiber on her site yet, but I think we're going to work on it over the summer.

Next up, is some delectable merino/tencel fiber from Tactile. Yummmmm. It's naturally dyed and I cannot wait to spin this stuff! It is a lovely light springy chartreusey golden green.

And last but definitely not least, is some BFL from Lisa Souza. These are two different colorways, but I loved the way the colors coordinate. I think I may ply them together.

And yes, there is something of a greenish theme here, why do you ask? :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I love all of the green-especially the BFL. I can't believe how you got the wheel. What a great story, and yes, it's definitely worth a hat made with homespun yarn.

6:15 AM  
Blogger miyamojo said...

I was wondering where I can get the pattern for the blue stole? It's beautiful & I wasn't at Stitches West.

Love your fiber!
Michele :)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, pretty. Another Evergreen shawl from "Fiber Gathering," after the hat?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us know how the Lisa Souza spins up. I'm thinking of buying some of her fiber but haven't read/heard any reviews. I'm guessing it will be wonderful but some details would be nice. Congratulations on your latest fiber acquisitions.

5:04 AM  
Blogger knitalot3 said...

Which colorways are the LS rovings? Beautiful!
LisaK

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home