22 February 2009

Monday's Musing

"I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a canceled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one." - Henry Ward Beecher

Forgiveness is sometimes a real struggle for me. What's amazing is that my younger son seems to have a natural and endless supply of it. I marvel at him.

Have a great week, everyone! Hope to see a lot of you at Stitches West!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Kids have alot to teach us, and one of the best lessons is to move on an let it go.

Easier said than done.

5:29 AM  
Blogger MRS MJW said...

Oh, I am sooooo with you on forgiveness. Just when I think I have forgiven I run into the person I supposedly have forgiven and all the same emotions rush in like a flood. Kids are AWESOME!!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I hope your son never outgrows that.

I can forgive, but I cannot forget. When I do, I make the same mistakes over and over again and that is not helpful. Instead I try to keep the past in the past and work on living in the present. While not prefect, it does seem to work for me.

xo

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. It is such a tension, to forgive and lose less energy to the transgressor or to remember and hope to punish somehow. Funny how when I type it the answer seems so obvious, yet in life it seems much more subtle.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home