16 February 2009

Monday's Musing

"Be happy for what you have, not unhappy for what you don't have." - Clint Holeman

This is my husband's favorite thing to tell me. And I work on it every day. At first I thought he was saying to be perfectly satisfied with your lot in life and not to try to better yourself or your circumstances. But that's not what he means. He means to live in the moment, taking joy from everything you have and everything that is around you. It's a worthy goal. :)

Have a great week, everyone!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a neat way of looking at it! Nice quote.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Isn't it wonderful to be married to a smart, caring man?

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very wise. I think I'll put it into practice by going to look at my stash!

7:03 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I always saw it as meaning, don't eat yourself up with envy -- wanting what others have and never being satisfied with your own life. This hit home when a friend was going on and on about how lucky I was to have a husband and she didn't...blah, blah, blah. She had been divorced once and recently experienced a broken engagement. I said that she had a beautiful daughter that she adored and my husband and I had been trying unsuccessfully to have a baby for years. We both wanted what the other had. But then again, neither of us would trade if we could.

PS -- don't feel sorry for me! I have two wonderful daughters and the same husband!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

That's a great perspective on advice that can sometimes be frustrating to receive. :-) I've been thinking about that a lot lately this way as well: Enjoy what you have and look forward to what you don't have. This isn't always possible, but I'm in a position of having to wait a long time to get what I want. It's not so bad having more to want than I can have right now, having more to love than I can wrap my arms around.

Anyway, stumbled on your blog and it made me feel optimistically philosophical. Thanks! :-)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home