01 February 2009

Monday's Musing

Lately, I've reconnected with old high school and college friends on Facebook. Which has been wonderful, but sort of strange. Most of them knew me as a musician, and trying to explain who I am today has proven to be, um...interesting. So much so, that I found myself deeply regretting quitting music (I played French horn). That is, until a classmate of mine from Eastman reminded me why I quit. And another friend reminded me how everything in life adds up to the present moment. How much I have forgotten lately! So I have been feeling pretty lucky.

I thought I'd share these quotes with you. They seemed appropriate.

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment." - Author Unknown


"Bring the past only if you are going to build from it." - Doménico Cieri Estrada

Have a great week everyone!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I find myself rushing here on Monday mornings to read the "Monday's Musing".... and it is always a good pearl.

Thank you for that!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So interesting you were a musician! I played the French horn for many years when I was younger and loved it (not in a professional capacity of course). It has such a distinct voice and remains one of my favorite sounds.

Great quotes today.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

I use to play the bassoon! I love the French Horn. I sometimes miss it too, but the music is still in our soul, playing in concert with our fiber obsession, it's still there just changed as we are!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I'm so glad you do what you do now. It's like Christmas at my house-your book just arrived and I'm thrilled with the contents. Thanks for writing such a wonderful thing of beauty!!! I've been spending my afternoon poring over the contents. I just need a few supplies now, and I'm certain to be making my first Mess Up Necklace ever!!! Thanks Romi. Only you could come up with something to do with the mistakes that makes practice worthwhile.

12:54 PM  
Blogger WonderMike said...

I saw your book over the weekend, too, and I must say it's very, very INSPIRING! Congratulations.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Pilar said...

Funny what life brings back sometimes. I also reconnected with an old school friend through FB some time ago. To be honest, I'll have bee so much happier if I haven't found her. I've totally forgotten how terribly bossy she could be!!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home