04 February 2009

Hearty

I've been lucky enough to be playing with some of Lisa Souza's lovely yarn lately. I won this skein of Sock! in a blog contest over on Trek's blog and it was the right time of year to be knitting it. It's the St. Valentine colorway!

But I didn't do socks. You know, I just can't get into socks. I have tried! Maybe because I've never knit myself a pair? Only my husband, and he wears a size 13. And likes plain socks with ribbing all the way up. :yawn: Can you blame me?!

So, at any rate, I designed and knitted up a little scarf. There are hearts involved. :) Here it is in the awkward stage.

Waiting to be blocked.

I think I actually knit lace faster than other projects because I want to see that amazing transformation. Somehow, even though I know that lace looks terrible before blocking, I always doubt that it will once again transform itself into something beautiful!

Tune in tomorrow and we'll have the results! Plus a pattern. :)

In other news, I have gotten word that Library Journal will be reviewing my book! Terri tells me this is a very Good Thing. (She should know, since she got a prestigious starred review of her book, Selbuvotter!) I am on pins and needles until February 15. Ulp!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Love the scarf!

9:22 PM  
Blogger RuthieJ said...

Wow, I love that color! Can't wait to see it blocked.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Andreapgn said...

I also doubt my lace knitting every time. It does turn out beautiful after blocking, but seeing it in its "in the knitting" stage is kind of scary, LOL

8:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy-Cate said...

I can tell it's going to be way cool, but am looking forward to the metamorphosis!

Ooh, Library Journal -- up there with the bestseller authors, cool!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home