08 January 2009

The universe has my back

Really. Ever since I saw Scout post a link to the Daily Om, I've subscribed. And almost without exception, the daily email applies to my life. It is spooky. This one came through today and I have to share. I've really been feeling disconnected and off kilter!

A Separate Reality
Disconnecting from the Source

We all experience periods where we feel separated from the loving ebb and flow of the universe. These times of feeling disconnected from the source may occur for many reasons, but self-sabotage is the most common cause for us choosing to cut ourselves off from the flow of the universe. We purposefully, though often unconsciously, cut ourselves off from this flow and from the embrace of humanity so we can avoid dealing with painful issues, shun the necessary steps for growth, or prevent the success that we are afraid of achieving from ever happening. When you choose to disconnect from the source, you block the flow of the universe's energy from passing through you. You become like a sleepwalker who is not fully awake to life, and your hopes, plans, and dreams begin to appear as distant blurs on a faraway horizon. Universal support has never left you, but if you can remember that you became disconnected from source by choice, you can choose to reconnect.

Reconnecting with the universe grounds you and is as easy as you making a concerted effort to become interested in the activities you love or responding to what nurtures or stimulates you. You may also want to make a list of the activities and kinds of experiences that touch your soul. Try to pinpoint the times when you have felt fully engaged and aware and ask yourself what you were doing. But one of the easiest ways to reconnect is simply by stating the intention of doing so.

When you disconnect from the universe, your sense of purpose, creativity, and ability to be innovative are not as easy to access. You may also experience a deep and empty sense of longing or feel devoid of ideas or unworthy of love. It's important, however, to recognize that being disconnected from the universe is never a permanent state, and it can be reversed any time you decide that you are ready to reconnect. When you are connected to the universe, all aspects of your being will feel alive as the flow of the universe pours through your being and into your life.

After I read it, I realized I haven't been getting outside enough. I need to be outdoors to feel peaceful and centered. I think I need a long walk. Or a long bike ride. Or both!

What about you all? How do you stay centered in stressful times?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

During stressful times I surround myself with the people that know and love me best. I tend to withdraw from EVERYTHING else. I draw my energy and re-center myself from my lovies.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Rose,

All I can say is a great big thank you for sharing that.

Sincerely, Lady Euphoria

4:14 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I think we all need time out from the world now and then.

But I find that when I'm going through a rough patch, it helps to think of other people who have things much worse than I do. It's all relative.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Margit Sage said...

Honestly, knitting, and designing these days, with my health the way it is; although the outdoors, particularly sitting in a peaceful garden, bring me solace too.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Cyndi in BC said...

Thank you Rosemary! I needed that today. I believe I will subscribe to the Daily Om myself.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing that. I don't think I actually have found a way to be centered in times of stress. But like you, I need time outside...time to be alone with nature. And if I'm missing that, my ability to handle stress is greatly reduced.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Andreapgn said...

Hmm. Can't say I know how to deal with stressful times, really.
It's what I'm trying to learn right now. I've had some serious health issues this past year, so I have to deal with stress somehow, before it deals with me LOL
Breathing exercises and silence seem to work for me. Yoga helps too. And pottery is my personal creative outlet, that takes away a lot of stress.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much of what others have said, but also smells. If I know I am going into a stressful situation, I'll often tuck a bit of herb or a scented handkerchief in my pocket and surreptitiously sniff it to recenter during the heat of the action.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home