06 January 2009

Toque, Yo!

Many of you have asked about the hat I am wearing in my Knitty profile picture. Well, I've finally taken the plunge into self-publishing and released the pattern! There is the version you have all seen, which used the left-overs from Hanne Falkenberg's Tokyo (the sweater in the picture):

and the short version,

shown here using two skeins of Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift.

It uses a simple slip stitch pattern to achieve the color-work pattern,

and only one color is worked at a time.

It can be finished in one day!

The tall version uses boning at the top, but the short version uses no boning.

I named the hat Toque, Yo! in homage to the sweater that inspired it.
Yes, I am a terrible punster, but hopefully you will forgive me! I have the pattern listed for $5 through Ravelry, but if you are not a member, you can also purchase it without logging onto Ravelry.

Ravelry members click here and non Ravelry members click here. I hope the second link works! Let me know if not? Thank you! :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Great pattern! I am not a color knitter, but if I was I'd be putting this in the queue!

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I'm glad you decided to release it.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Kathleen C. said...

Hurrah! I have been lusting after that hat for a while now.... it's mine,mine, mine!!!! Wahaahaa... Er...Uhm... sorry 'bout that.

But it is mine now too... thank you.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how the hat & sweater go together. Thanks for making the pattern available!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home