10. It's quick.
9. Only one hook is involved, so there's no chance of losing one dpn or dropping a needle.
8. It's difficult to stab yourself with a crochet hook.
7. When you are crocheting lace, there's no chance of dropping a stitch.
6. It's easy to crochet rounds.
5. The court allows prospective jurors to have crochet hooks (but not knitting needles).
4. If you don't count your stitches exactly right, there's a good chance no one will ever notice.
3. It's portable.
2. Crocheted lace is lovely.
and the number one great thing about crochet:
1. There's no binding off.