08 October 2008

Miscellany

Hypothetical Conversation

Kid #1: Mom, [Kid #2] took my notebook that I got at hi
s birthday party. Could you make him give it back?
Kid #2: It was on the floor.
Kid #1: So? It has my NAME on it!
Kid #2: But it was on the FLOOR!
Kid #1: SO!?!?!?
Kid #2: It's MINE!
Kid #1: No it's NOT!
Kid #2: You didn't get ANYthing at my birthday party!
Kid #1: Yes, I DID!!!
Mom: This is why parents look so much older than other people. Did you know I'm really only 22?
Kid #1: Could you deal with it?
Mom to Kid #2: Do you have the notebook?
Kid #2: Yes. It's MINE!!!
Kid #1: It has my name on it!
Mom to Kid #2: Does it have [Kid #1]'s name on it?
Kid #2: Now?
Mom: Yes.
Kid #2: No.
Mom: Did you erase it?
Kid #2: Yes.
Mom: Give it back.

------------------------

Hey, I just heard that my Muir shawl is mentioned in a web comic! How freakin' cool is that?!?!!?

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

hehehe (to the comic) and wow. Glad I'm not a parent yet. I'd be smacking some heads.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I think I have had almost the same conversation. I am not looking forward to having 3 teenagers. They eventually will be 13(boy), 15(girl) and 17 (boy). I think I need to go lay down now.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

DS (16) is going through yet another growth spurt. Do you think he cares that the Dow is down 1000 pts in 3 days and 5 years of saving for college has disappeared? No! He just wants something else to eat :-).

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

hehe, too funny.

Liked the comic too.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I swear that I got a ton more gray hair after I had my kids. I've heard that discussion before.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Our bickering days are over. All of my hair is gray!

Loved the comic.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

"Now?" ROFL! That seriously had me laughing so hard I think I hurt myself! Sounds just. exactly. like. my. house.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Mine are 17 and 20. I've been there.

One day, you will look back and laugh.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally famous!

LOL@the kids, OMG. I'm only 19!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have SO been there re that conversation! But then, I've long thought that every kid needed a sibling: someone to rat him out to his parents so they don't think he's perfect.

Sonya, I had four teenagers one year (although, one was in college by then). It's okay. They have their moments, but then so do we parents. They get more and more interesting the older they get, so don't let anyone scare you about their teenagerhood. It's like being age two only more verbal, which you already know you can handle, interspersed with them being like age 25 and wise.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home