21 October 2008

It's here!

First: I am teaching Ice Queen and the Delta Queen scarf at Knitterly in Petaluma this Saturday. There are still a couple of spots left, so if you are local, come on down!

..................

Well...I didn't get to go to Rhinebeck this year. :( But the FedEx man did bring a pretty cool package. :)

It came from Colorado.

Since FedEx has officially declared my little town "The Stix," priority overnight can mosey on over any time before 4:00 instead of the usual 10:30. So by afternoon, I was anxiously awaiting my package, and went running downstairs when I saw the truck from the window. I think the FedEx guy may have been a little taken aback.

I stared at for a long time. And then I went back to work. Somehow, I didn't want to open it.

I started to open it. I put it down.

But then the guys gathered around and the opening began in earnest.

It was wrapped in cool paper.

Taped neatly.

The advance copy of my book!

There was a lovely note inside.

I stared at it for a long time.

And then I opened it!

I thumbed through it and checked out a few of my photos that had been included (very exciting!).

It was surreal.

It seems so long since I worked on it: a very strange feeling!

The verdict? I love it!!!

Labels: , , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger teanotea said...

Congratulations! It looks wonderful.

(Now I can't wait to get my copy of your book, too!)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

HOT DAMN! Your book has landed! Congrats -- you should be so proud of what you have accomplished!

10:38 PM  
Blogger kat coyle said...

it looks super fabulous!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ROSEMARY!!! There's nothing in the world like that moment, is there? That's when it all becomes truly real. Congratulations!!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! It looks great, I have already added it to my amazon wish list :-)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! It looks great, I have already added it to my amazon wish list :-)

1:08 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Congratulations!! How exciting :) Thanks for sharing the sneak peek inside, too.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Anabella said...

Congrats! So... was the title a tip of the hat to Strunk? Or a happy coincidence for a graphic designer, since I hear it is the publishers that get to pick the titles?

3:43 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Congratulations! Such a rare achievement!

4:25 AM  
Blogger punkin said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful book.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Gale Bulkley said...

It looks beautiful. It must be very exciting to have it going out.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Laritza said...

Congratulations! Now I can't wait to get it!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! What a thrill! Let's get together soon to celebrate!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations! That sneak peek is awesome.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I think the delivery guys are used to getting attacked by knitters.

Big congratulations!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That's so freaking exciting. It looks like a beautiful book too. Nice.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

The FedEx guy is lucky you didn't tackle him! You should be very proud of yourself...congrats!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wow ,wow! Book looks fabulous.
Heading to Amazon to update wishlist!
Congrats.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

That totally rocks Rosemary!

I'd have let the dogs loose on the Fedex guy if he showed up that late with something so important.

I cannot wait to pick up my copy.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'm so happy for you Rosemary! What a feeling - congrats!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so super incredible awesome! I've been waiting for it!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

That is so great! Congratulations!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
I know you were excited!

Rene'

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Congrats! It looks lovely!

Happy knitting-
ali

1:52 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

the book looks absolutely beautiful~ congratulations!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

How incredible. You are a hero of mine...did you know? Sending you lots of love.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home