04 October 2008

The Harlot Rocks Santa Rosa

The Harlot was in town, and we all bought our books and stood in line to see her. People came by and asked who was speaking. The looks on their faces were priceless when told; they obviously just didn't know what to say or how to act. Knitting?!

In line, we saw the stunningly gorgeous Knitmore Girls, a mother-daughter podcast team, interviewing everyone. Isn't Jasmin's hair fabulous?

Here's Sandi from Knitterly and her spinning husband.

I got to meet some very cool people in line. Hi Marianne (I hope that's how you spell your name)!

We finally got inside. The mood was exuberant! I met Kandice and Liz. Here's Jenn.

And dear Alison with no-blog-Rachel.

No-blog-Rachel and I took pictures of each other. :)

Here's June and Carol. June is wearing one of the pieces from my upcoming book (the red and silver necklace). I almost didn't get it back. ;) I didn't quite get Taunya in the picture. I thought I had, but honestly? There is such an amazing feeling in the room when the Harlot comes to speak that I couldn't quite concentrate.

I know this is a terrible picture of her, but she is in front of the light.

She was wonderfully funny, honest, human, kind, insightful and real. She rocked the house. Big time. :)

I got to talk to her for a few minutes (she actually remembered me! I don't know how she does it), and did a little show and tell with some of the projects I got back from my book: a necklace

and some earrings.

She took pictures!

And Carol was kind enough to snap the whole thing.

Thank you for coming to Sonoma County, Stephanie. You da bomb!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific time you were having there. And great pictures.

Hey,the 1/2 page Vogue spread with your new shawl and shawl pin is really beautifully done. Congratulations! I am saving up for a sterling pin. (g)

Hugs
junie

9:30 PM  
Blogger punkin said...

Exciting!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're fast, I've only been inside the door ten minutes! It was great to see you!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

Great pics! It's so nice to see so many of my knitting friends with The Harlot! (Stephanie- if you're reading this- you should come to India! I can promise at least 10-15 knitters-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

Always a great time when visiting the Yarn Harlot! She is warm and very down to earth!

Loved seeing your picture, too!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. I had no idea you were there! I would have come found you and told you how much I love my shawl pin I bought from you a little while ago - I finally got to wear it for the first time this weekend!

Cute necklace - I realize now that I saw some people a little bit away from me discussing a necklace - obviously that was you! This is the down side of the internet - I usually don't know what people look like and don't recognize them when I run into them!

4:06 PM  
Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

It was so very nice to meet you!

Like Junieann, I'm setting aside a little extra cash at a time so I can enjoy one (or more) of your pins. Maybe I'll see you at Stitches West?

6:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

great photos of you on the Harlot's blog!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't know about the Bookreading! I'm opening a yarn shop in Santa Rosa, any advice? Interested in being a guest knitter or class teacher someday? Any advice appreciated!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Kandice said...

Oh my goodness, I somehow didn't realize until I read the write-up on the Yarn Harlot's blog that you're THAT Rosemary! I feel a little star-struck now ;) It was great to meet you, and thank you so much for bringing the pin! It's gorgeous!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home