03 August 2008

A Day in Yarn Heaven

Here is Shelli, the Queen of Yarn Heaven owner of Knitterly.

See that giant smile? It's because she gets to pet yarn all day. There are serious endorphins involved.

This is Sandi. See how happy she looks? Same deal there. :)

There is fiber hanging in the windows. I think it makes terrific curtains, don't you?

And a bag display that, in my opinion, far surpasses the look of a chandelier.

My favorite little project bags. I always have a lace project in one of these.

I taught a class at Knitterly on Saturday, on the Ice Queen cowl and my new Delta Queen scarf, which is basically a scarf version of Ice Queen (and will available soon). We had a little bit over a full class at 11 people. I'm really loving teaching these days, which is odd (but good) because it used not to be my cup of tea. But really, all of my students who are reading this? Y'all are wonderful! (Can you tell I've been talking to my Southern cousins again?) :g:

Here we have a few of the students working on their projects at break. Others were petting yarn, of course. :)

Fae came all the way from Redwood City to take the class! See? She's smiling too. I'm telling you, there's just something fibery about the air in Knitterly. :)

I took a picture of Lynn taking a picture of Carol in her newly finished sweater. It looked great on her!

And there was fiber. It came home with me.

And the amazing fall issue of Vogue, chock full of wonderful cables. Yummy.

It was a wonderful day! And since there was a waiting list for the class, I'm going to be teaching it again soon. Thank you, everyone!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

It all looks so lovely! I don't have any yarn shops remotely like that near me. I seriously considered opening one, until the economy started circling the drain. I'm glad your class went well!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I would've been there- but with the gas prices and all-

it would have left very little money for stash enhancement.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Knitterly! I live in Northern Virginia and have access to any number of great yarn stores, but I go to Knitterly every time I visit my daughter and son-in-law (and granddaughter) in Petaluma. Knitterly just feels like home every time I walk in the door.
Unfortunately my daughter is moving to San Rafael, so I won't be able to walk to Knitterly, but I know I'll make a special trip.

Trudy (TrudyG on Ravelry)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home