30 July 2008

SOS (Save Our Stitches)

Look what my friend Ruth sent me!

It's one of her adorable little stitch savers. And she personalized it for me! How cute is that? :) Thank you, Ruth!

And just look at these lovelies. Habu bamboo laceweight (from Knitterly).

And another.

I transformed the red into a lovely scarf for my class at Knitterly on Ice Queen, in case someone didn't want to knit mohair at this time of year. I know, it's almost inconceivable that someone might not want to knit mohair! ;) Here's a sneak peek at the Delta Queen scarf.

I have a few tutorials on this one, though, so all you get right now is a sneak peek (unless you take my class - heehee). :)

I am in mad passionate love with the bamboo laceweight. It has the hand, sheen and drape of silk, but it doesn't fuzz up like silk. I cannot wait to knit the second hank. It's just waiting on a pattern worthy of it. Yummy yummy stuff!

ETA: Oh! I almost forgot! The silver yarn ball jewelry is finally back in stock! Woooo! You can get yours here.


Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger 5elementknitr said...

You're welcome! Glad you like the trinket I made for you!

8:32 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

nice giftie!
the bamboo is lovely.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- What a clever gadget.

Oooh- the beads and the yarn, I adore it.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, pretty things! Love how the beads work with the yarn colors.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Andreapgn said...

bamboo, beads, yummy all over!

The red scarf is looking terrific. I'm one of the people who would maybe prefer not to knit mohair... there you go :-)

6:38 AM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

What a great gift!

Man I love beads and knitting.......I just finished a Birch with beads and now I think I may have to start something else with beads........

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I went straight to Etsy and bought one for myself! Thanks for sharing this cute and *useful* item. :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Such wonderful eye candy! That stitch saver is so *kyoot!*

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of those mini-crochet hooks is now on its way here--thank you for the link!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You do some very pretty stuff, feminine. Just like you.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delta Queen is really beautiful - and for goodness sakes, that stitch saver is terrific. What a nice thing to have. Very clever.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home