The first decision: how many scallops? I am picky picky picky. I began by taking a look at the Ice Queen that I have in progress. Even though I had an idea in my mind's eye of how a scarf should look, I wanted to see it for real. Here it is with two center scallops.
And here it is with one.
I decided on a scarf the one scallop in the middle. Later on will come a larger scarf/wrap with more scallops, but this first scarf is written for a heavier yarn, dk or fingering weight, and it needed to be minimal. You can also use mohair, of course. But it's summer, and even we mo-hos take a summer break from the fuzzy stuff. ;)
Next up: the picot cast on. I decided to use a picot cast on instead of the provisional cast on and picot bind off used on the Ice Queen cowl. I thought it would make a lot more sense. Tune in next time for a picot cast on tutorial!
Labels: design process