09 July 2008

iSpin

Opal inspired me. I admit it, I haven't been spinning. But looking at this gorgeous eye candy, I couldn't resist and I did my ten minutes. :)

I have some beautiful Ashland Bay merino top, procured from Ba, the local fiber pusher
my friend who taught me to spin.

The short staple length has taken some getting used to, but I am now swearing less and spinning more. Here's my progress so far.

I am feeling contemplative and melancholy, and spinning was just what the doctor ordered. My mother would have been 65 today. She died in 2005, but she was lost to me years before that. She is finally at peace. I miss her terribly.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Hugs Rosemary.

She shares a birthday with my beloved nephew.

xoxoxoxo

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely spinning! Purple is such a cheerful color.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Hugs.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Extra hugs.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, that roving is so *pretty*! I could just fall into that lovely, cool, saturated colours.

*hug*s to you and yours on this melancholy day. I know how it feels...

6:51 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The yarn is beautiful. I hope that spinning continues to bring you peace.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that color 'cranberry'? I have wanted some of that for awhile and haven't shelled out because I have too much stash... spinning is Good For You.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Such a lovely shade of purple.

Spinning is supposed to be great therapy.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I always find that spinning brings me peace whenever I'm troubled. I'm glad that it brought you peace today on a very troubling anniversary. *hugs*

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rosemary. I'm sorry. Hugs from me, too.

Spinning in the color of the very early morning sky, with the new day on the verge, sounds just right.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Spinning is always good for the soul !
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, days like these are always hard.
I understand how you feel....

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home