13 July 2008

Great class; terrible pictures

Yesterday, I had the honor of teaching a class at the lovely Nine Rubies Knitting in San Mateo. There is a definite zen quality to the store: very relaxing and calming, with beautiful displays of color and texture. Saloni, Sudha, Jocelyn and staff were wonderful, as were my students! I did a six hour workshop on techniques used in the Ice Queen cowl and Delta Queen scarf, the new flat version of Ice Queen that is coming soon! At 16 students, we took up half of the floor of the shop. I hope I sent my students back home armed with enough information to start knitting their mohair without too much frogging. Everyone was very patient while we worked on swatches!

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but in the scheme of things, it wasn't a bad thing to forget. I did get a couple of terrible cell phone pictures.


And I think Jocelyn got a couple of pictures before she took off. :)

Thank you everyone, for making me feel so welcome and for being such great students! I had a fabulous time.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Colette said...

Wow six hours! That must have been fun. I find I'm exhausted after a two hour class.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

We missed you yesterday! Happy to hear the class went well. Wow...6 hours and then the drive there and back! Sounds like you deserved a nap today!
MWAH!!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

How brilliant to see so many new lace knitters!!!

Keep spreading the lace love!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home