03 June 2008

Tutorials, anyone?

You all were so fabulous when I asked about what you would like to see in a lace class, and continue to be! Thank you!!!

You got me thinking (always dangerous), particularly Leisa who asked some basic lace questions.... I love doing tutorials; people seem to like seeing them, so! Ask me a question and I will do a tutorial on it! My particular specialties are lace and knit/crocheted jewelry (wire, fiber,etc), but I'll take a stab at anything, even if I don't know how to do it at the moment! I love learning new things and working out problems. So far on the schedule I have grafting lace, attaching new balls of yarn in lace and weaving in ends in lace. In my Ravelry group, I've been asked about making the picots on Muir and blocking lace with wires. What else would you like to see? Knitting with wire perhaps? It's easier than you think!

Let me know and I'll do it!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!
Looking forward to the weaving in ends!
Knitting with wire would be interesting!

6:04 AM  
Blogger purlpoet said...

What a wonderful thing! I recently worked back a section of lace using ideas from your tutorial with the Muir. It turned out beautifully!

Thank you
Purlpoet

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tutorials are just great for me - with my reading disability, the visuals are great great help.

Thanks for all the help you give us.
j

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi sweetie,
you've been tagged! I hope you don't mind.
Hugs,
Kimberly

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these topics for for tutorials - I am pretty fearless with lace, but I always find myself asking what the best way to weave ends in to such airy creations might be. And while I can read knitting pretty well and so can usually graft without detailed instructions, lace tips would be very welcome.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Attaching new balls of yarn and/or weaving in ends are particular problems of mine and I'd love a tutorial.

Also, how about casting on loosely enough to block without the cast-on edge coming out as tough as steel? And in a related issue, binding off loosely as well?

Thanks!

Liz

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home