13 May 2008

Yarn paradise

I am lucky enough to live fairly close to yarn paradise, aka Knitterly. I know others who are not so fortunate, and believe me, once they see Knitterly in person, they are forever jealous! Nonetheless, it's still about a 40-45 minute drive, depending on traffic, so with other commitments (read: lots of kid stuff!), I don't often get there. But I did go down to meet Trish from Tanglewood Fibers!

(And look! She's holding one of Sheila's gorgeous orifice hooks!) I'm sure we actually knew each other in another life. Really. It was uncanny! She was down from Oregon teaching a spinning class, and I hung out awhile with Shelli, the owner of Knitterly, and Sandi, who does the Knitterly blog, and spun on my lowly drop spindle in the back, even though Trish tried to enable me into wheel spinning. She's tricky, that one. :)

We tried for a Yarn Harlot moment, but were unable to Kinnear each other properly, so we resorted to taking each other's picture:

Meanwhile, the kind Shelli was working on one of her usual soft and sumptuous creations. Honestly, she always has the absolute softest and prettiest yarns on her needles.

And Sandi (whose husband was taking the spinning class) was working with a gorgeous one of a kind skein from Trish and some Swarovski crystals.

It looks pretty in the picture, but it was amazing up close! Just look at the expression of pure bliss on her face!

And last but not least, the big news is that I will be teaching a class on Ice Queen at Knitterly on Saturday May 24th! I am quite excited about it, and I hope that some of you locals will be able to make it! We'll have fun, and, after all, it is in yarn paradise. What could be better?! :)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Her husband was taking the spinning class?! I am truly impressed!

10:30 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time teaching!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, I also responded to the meme you tagged me for.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jamie/Moira said...

Yay!
I just signed up for your class!

After the week I have had, I totally deserve this treat!!!!

This will make up for my husband being gone at one of his conventions.

Yarny Goodness time!!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Wow your pictures are great! Too bad you won't be coming to Sticks and Strings on Saturday! LOL Good luck with your class. Nice to meet you in person! Trish

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely day! Wish that I could have been there too. Knitterly is just like coming home!!
Have fun today with your class!!
Two Sagg women....wonder why you liked each other...hmmmmm ;)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home