07 May 2008

Spinnin'

Recently, when I was reading this gorgeous post by b r o o k l y n t w e e d (and what post of his is not gorgeous, might I ask?), I was having a bit of a laugh at myself. So I thought I'd share my version of plying.

Here is my Lazy Kate.

And here she is in action.

Of course, when dinner needs to be cooked, she gets busy and chips in with her special stirring and measuring skills!

But even though Kate is a plain Jane, I still ended up with some fairly nice yarn. :)

My fiber pusher teacher, Ba, has told me she approves.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaridaa said...

Hy, Rosemary

I picked your blog at random to play a meme-game. If you would like to play, please see the post Meme-time at my blog

http://linhasnobolso.blogspot.com/

11:04 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful! Looks evenly plied to me. =) I just use my on board lazy kate. I ponder a tensioned one.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

For the way I ply I NEED a tensioned kate. I've tried plying from something like that that just holds the bobbins and I always end up with a mess. I've got to have some resistance to pull against. :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I love ingenious solutions. And the yarn looks great! I have a built in lazy kate, but my first spindle and ball winder were both made of Tinker Toys. :)

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, lovely. looks like you skipped "beginner" and went right to "expert."

8:44 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Your finished yarn is gorgeous!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

my lazykate is a rubbermaid container that DH drills holes in...works great and it's portable. The lid even closes with the bobbins on the dowells. (What a guy!)

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't push too hard....I just show you the pretty colors.......

Preeeetttyy, preeetty colooorrs.....

Ba

10:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Mmmmmm.

Delicious!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home