20 May 2008

Title Here

Last Friday (here you must forgive me for being on Sonoma County time and not posting earlier about it), Therese and I went down to Knitterly in Petaluma for a Habu trunk show. It was fabulous, although both of us missed dear Susan, who had hurt her back that very morning, and was in some serious pain (good vibes to Susan everyone!).

I forgot my camera. :sigh: But you must believe me when I say it was a gorgeous sight. As always, Takako was wonderful: kind, helpful and gracious. She had extra yarn and sample garments to try. And she was looking cool and unruffled as ever, although it was an absurdly hot day.

Even though I have a healthy Habu stash, I couldn't leave without another cool little item. It followed me around the store and begged me to take it home.

Isn't it nifty?

It's rayon, if you can believe it.

It is fairly stiff, but softens dramatically when knitted and worn.

I am planning on pairing it with some black silk/stainless steel in my stash.

In other news, Faroese Muir is progressing, but my progress at this point is about as interesting as watching paint dry! Here it is all rumpled.

And as "The Blob."

As my friend, blogless Dana knows, lace looks like cr*p until you block it! :)

I am in the home stretch. So much knitting to do, so little time!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Wow that rayon looks amazing...interested to see what it looks like knitted....I'm using some Habu silk (A-4) for a project right now and it is sublime!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Habu has the coolest fibers and yarns!

6:26 AM  
Blogger MRS MJW said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Romi. My friends did end up apologizing.

The yarn is lovely. I like the colors. I have never heard of Habu. I'll have to look it up.

Cheers!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does all the good stuff happen when I'm gone at work! Habu trunk show in Petaluma! Darn it. Glad you went and had a good tim.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

well it's beautifully colored cr*p young lady.

Cannot wait to see the final product.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I missed something- a Faeroese Muir. Interesting.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I'm eagerly awaiting that Faroese Muir.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pretty blob, anyway.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "blob" looks great. Lovely color. I can wait until you stretch it out and we can see just what you have there. Another masterpiece I suspect.

I missed the yarn you are using. Lovely color.

Hugs
junie

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home