27 April 2008

Monday's Musing

"Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That quote made me smile a giant smile. And also reminded me of a quote left me by Yarnhog (who I think is at least a hundred shades of cool): "Bloom where you are planted." I've been thinking a lot about that lately.

Thank you all for the get well wishes. The creeping crud has been officially vanquished. I lost my voice there for a couple of days, but now it's back! I think the kids are a little disappointed. ;)

Have a wonderful week, everyone! And don't forget the last day of my sale! :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Laritza said...

What a great quote to start the week with. Thank you!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Glad you're feeling better chickie.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was one of my favorite quotes when I was in college. Thanks for reminding me of it -I needed to hear the message this month.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

That is an AWESOME quote! I've read it before but had forgotten it. And thanks for the plug! ;)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home