10 April 2008

Ef! Oh!

But not a knitting one. :) Nonetheless, I am so excited about this one that I may use up my yearly allotment of exclamation points!!!!!

My husband, the cabinet and fine furniture maker, who loves kids (probably because he is a big kid himself) started building The Totally Most Coolest Wooden Toys this past Christmas when the Chinese toy scare was raging full blast. They are all wood with absolutely no metal or plastic parts and are painted with milk paint, which is completely non-toxic. Kids (and grown-ups) cannot keep their hands off. So I convinced him to sell them, and
after two weeks of taking them around the area, he is in a bunch of upscale local shops (plus a very upscale tractor dealership :g:)! And get this: he is already booked for two toy signings in local shops around Christmas time! Can you believe it?!?! Eeeeee! And they are already putting in Christmas orders! Here is his train:

and his barrel truck:

and his pick-up truck:

and his tractor:

They are all hand made and they look like folk art! I lurve them! Okay. I could go on and on, so I'll stop now. :)

So, what's my FO? I finished his logo, packaging and most of his website! And I am so happy to have it up!!!!!! (See, I told you I would use up my allotment!) Go! Check it out!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

They're gorgeous!!!!!!

3:46 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Toy signing? That's cool! The toys are so classic looking. And they could totally be table art too.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mary in VA said...

Oh my gosh, those really are gorgeous! I had to go send one of the trains to my little-kid, train junkie father.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

Those toys are absolutely beautiful. I wish him luck in his new endeavor! :-)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What wonderful toys! Congratulations to him and to you!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great toys! And very good-looking, too. Parents who are sick of toys that sing and dance (and require batteries) are going to love him.

12:14 PM  
Blogger punkin said...

Those are wonderful. The perfect kind of toy. I wish him lots of success.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

So cool! They're just beautiful. I love handmade toys (big surprise, huh?). Congratulations to hubby (and you, of course!).

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those. I love the old fashioned toys so much more than what we have today. They're sturdier & just more entertaining, i.e. you use your imagination to play w/them, not depend on TV/movie characters for inspiration. Love it!

4:08 AM  
Blogger junie said...

The toy project is great.They are just as cute and functional as they can be.

The toys are just what my boys used to love. They would play with those before all others. My grandfather used to make toy trucks for the boys. They had wooded dumptrucks and 'dig-a digs' and they loved them all. Plus, you don't have to worry about kids cutting themselves. KUDOS to Dad.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Congratulations, on the beautiful toys, and the website. I'm glad people like them, if I had little kids, I would buy them as well. You and your family are very creative!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Those are terrific. They allow children to use their imagination.

My son was a big wooden toy lover.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

How COOL for you guys! Really they are awesome!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely toys -- no wonder your husband got those orders right away! You obviously share a talent for designing combined with a great sense of color.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I think these are gorgeous and I'm just looking for an excuse to buy one. Or two. Mostly I want them to play with myself, but I'm going to try to consider sending them to children instead. I am SO glad your husband fell upon this great business idea!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cool!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home