14 March 2008

Somehow, it seems more real

My book, that is. I have an ISBN and a real title, not just a working title! Even though I think the process has been going quicker than most, it has seemed long and drawn out for me, someone who has never done a project like this before. I first started talking with Interweave a little more than a year ago. It has gone by fast! But not, if you know what I mean.

So...my book. The real title is "Elements of Style" and it is officially due out in October. I absolutely lurve the title. Adore it. And am honored by it. And a little scared by it. :ulp: Now is the time - after everything is in and we have been editing for awhile - now is the time that I am starting to get really nervous.

But enough of that!

Thank you for all the great titles! I will announce the boys' pick this weekend. I had a much needed laugh. :)

And now I think I am going to go vegetate in front of a movie and maybe spin a little. :g: Have a great weekend!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger punkin said...

I am excited for you.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your book! Having an ISBN really brings it into reality! Good luck with it!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

What a brilliant moment. Congratulations - can't wait to see the final product!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Ooo, I like the title! When can we see the cover?

4:49 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love your book's title!! Strunk and White's Elements of Style is one of my most adored books--I can't wait to place yours on my shelf next to it!!!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting!

Congratulations.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh, how exciting! Let us know when Amazon has it so we can all preorder it!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to see it.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had the image of some grammar student requesting your book instead of the Strunk & White "Elements of Style", and what a lovely surprise that would be for them when it arrived.

Unless, of course, they had a paper due the next day. ;-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Very classy title! And I love your handspun!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! In the world of publishing, one year is pretty quick. :-)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

How exciting! Can't wait for October.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

That is so cool that you have a book coming! I wish you much success with it!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Don't be nervous, you deserve it - you're so talented!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Congratulations on the book coming closer to view! Can't wait to get my hands on it :-)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home