09 March 2008

Monday's Musing

I've been thinking about perspective a lot lately. It often doesn't come naturally, especially to children, and it's so easy to lose it. Sometimes it's so comforting that the world goes on in the same way whatever is happening in your life. Sometimes it's infuriating! And sometimes I need to remind myself of the following.

"If you do not raise your eyes you will think that you are the highest point."
~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Have a great week, everyone!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Your musing makes me think about perspective in general. When I was a teenager, I was a foreign exchange student. I had never really spent any time outside the U.S. before that, and I was shocked to realize that there is a whole other world (literally) of perspective out there. I remember feeling that the U.S. is surrounded by mirrors, all reflecting us back at ourselves, and we can't see past them to anything outside. And then when you go to another country, you realize there is this whole world to which we are completely blind. They can see us, and each other, and themselves, but we can see only ourselves. All of my experience since then has only reinforced this adolescent impression. To my mind, it explains a lot about the problems the U.S. has in playing well with others.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

I'm aiming my sights pretty high this week Romi.

Wish me luck.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true. Life is so much about how you look at things.

11:07 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

It's Tuesday as I read this (almost Wednesday)... but after the day I had, I think that God made it so I read this today instead of yesterday because it means much more today! ha ha... I had a doozie of a day!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home