28 February 2008

Stitches Report, Part I

Well, like the often times forgetful person I am, I forgot to take my camera with me! Luckily for me, others didn't forget. :) That's why I can show you this picture of my friend Alison and me, taken by the amazing Ann Rubin of afghans for Afghans.

Alison and Ann are two of the most truly kind people I have ever met. They are an inspiration!

And here is a picture of my very favorite alpaca laceweight yarn from the Foggy Moon Fibers/Royale Hare booth (where I was hanging out):

Left to right, the colorways are Pacific Amber, natural undyed, and Cazadero Mist Lite. Mmmmmmmmm. I special ordered a larger hank of the Pacific Amber so that I can design a gorgeous stole in this absolutely delectable color. It is truly gorgeous. Karen of Royale Hare also dyes silk and wool top in this colorway. It is truly to drool over! I almost fell down the spinning rabbit hole just because of the silk (in lime green too)! ;) I know I will succumb sooner or later, especially since my husband has offered to make me a spinning wheel! What's a girl to do?!

I'm still digging out (behind as usual!!!) but more reports to come! Plus an answer to Lorraine's question about what I bought. It may surprise you!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I am so excited to see this pic! I chat with Alison almost daily, so to see you both together is a treat, indeed!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I love the blues. Beautiful colors. I've been pondering spinning but I don't know where in the world I'd store the roving AND the wheel. I need a bigger house.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

once he gets the wheel finished - ask for loom!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You guys look so warm - it's FREEZING in Boston today!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Jen D. said...

Wonderful stuff! The yarn is beautiful, and so are you and Alison. (wanders off mumbling about patterns that I'm going to make someday...)

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna look like you when I grow up...

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home