13 February 2008

The Other Woman

Got your attention, didn't I?! But first, Galaneia asked this question about the Ice Queen pattern (sorry, I don't know how to contact you!):

"The instructions say to cast on 156, but also says that the pattern repeats 6 times per round. The chart is 24 stitches across at the base. 156 doesn't divide evenly by 24, 156/6=26. Is there something I'm missing about the pattern? I'm feeling very confused."

The first row of the chart is a decrease row, but it is difficult to tell unless you count the number of decreases and the number of yarn overs. For each repeat, there are eight decreases, but 6 yarn overs, hence a decrease of two stitches per repeat. So you start with 156 stitches, but end with 144 stitches (which is what the chart shows for that first row). Hope that helps!

And now...on to the Other Woman.


After being decidedly in the minority around here, I've recently acquired a confidant. Or so I thought. Really, she has completely stolen my husband's heart away. Here she is:

He named her Felicity, and then her other side came out:

So now her name is Felicity Diva, or FeliciDiva for short. She is a Rhinelander, but is brindled rather than having the markings to be a show rabbit. In fact, only one or two of each Rhinelander litter does have the proper markings. She's what our local breeder calls a harlequin Rhinelander. Did I mention that she's totally adorable? And that she's stolen my husband's heart? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she grooms his eyebrows when he holds her. That's hard to resist, you know.

Labels: ,

25 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

She looks Soooo soft. I like her coat myself but then I am a sucker for those colors.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

sooooooo cute! I love that ear pose

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then I think "I still have so much to learn." Now I really want to raise some Rhinelanders just to see what I can get in a litter. lol

11:53 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Felicity is adorable. I bet she is soft!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh what a wonderful bunny! I hope you all will be very happy together for many years.

11:58 AM  
Blogger mle said...

She's sooo cute and cudly looking! I want one!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jen D. said...

LOL, I can just imagine it. Good luck to you on that one. :D

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, if you have to share your hubby, it seems like a cute and sweet rabbit would be acceptable. She's adorable!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

aawww!

1:37 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

or maybe it's that jaunty, devil-may-care, one ear up, one ear down thing she has going on. ;)

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!

A technical question here....please excuse my ignorance...is it true that you can litter train rabbits?

3:04 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I want her!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh my gosh, she is too cute! Now I have cat and rabbit envy, oh and puppy envy as well.

Colour me green.

4:26 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Awww, eyebrow grooming definitely equals love. She is adorable.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an absolutely gorgeous rabbit--can I come pet her too?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Maud said...

Oh, how cute! She looks adorable!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Helle from Denmark said...

*LOL* Well...a little competition never hurts....eh???*GRIN* Maybe you should start to behave like a rabbit??? *GIGGLE*

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, she is adorable! Now you have a girl on your side, yay.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Awww, she's adorable! I love bunnies.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Congratulations on the new finish! This is, of course, exactly the place to find people who appreciate such a thing. And it's beautiful.

Love the bunny! I had an angora rabbit for years. She traveled all over the country with me, in cars, planes, and boats. She was housebroken and very tame, and she became best friends with a kitten I was given, too.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

So. Adorable! Can. Hardly. Stand. All. The. Cuteness!

10:03 AM  
Blogger MimiCatKnits said...

Ooooh!!! I love her!!! Congrats on the new addition to your family ;D

11:25 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

So unbelievable adorable! Great pictures!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!!! Give her a snuggle for me!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-do-ra-ble, Romi!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home