10 February 2008

Monday's Musing

I recently got one of my favorite children's books, The Little Prince, from the library. I think I wanted it more for myself than for the boys! But they were a good excuse. :) I was struck by this quote:

"It's a question of discipline," the little prince told me later on. "When you've finished washing and dressing each morning, you must tend your planet." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince, 1943, translated from French by Richard Howard

I think everyone should read that book.

Have a wonderful week!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a hat! It's a snake that swallowed an elephant. Take good care of that bobo tree.

12:02 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

Could you send a copy to current president?

4:19 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

ah yes, but did the sheep eat the rose?

4:57 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I absolutely agree that everyone must read that book. Can't wait to read it to my son.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I've been meaning to read it to my kids too!! Love the illustrations in it.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I've read it so many times (in multiple languages, even) that I've lost count! Oddly, I don't think I've ever read it to my kids.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

I LOVE Little Prince! The fox always makes me cry!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! And so fitting for our current times--eerie. I often pick out books that I want to read more than the kids, too. ;-)

10:48 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I love the simplicity of The Little Prince--I've taught it for many years and students either LOVE it or HATE it!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jen D. said...

There is so much wisdom to be had in "children's" books. If only more of us could remember them as adults! Good for you. What better thing could we teach our children than to get up each morning and tend our planet. Here's to hope.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home