30 January 2008

What's that White Stuff?!

The other morning, the smallest member of the household came running in to my bedroom yelling about snow! And what do you know? Here's the view down the street. See the white stuff behind the houses? Real, honest snow.

We do sometimes get snow in the hills around here (you can't really call them proper mountains), but this is super super low. I like the effect with the palm tree, don't you? ;)

The snowline must have been down around 500 feet or so.

Many of you from snowy areas are no doubt thinking that this is no big deal. Let me assure you that it does not often happen! I think it was two years ago, though, that there was enough snow up in the hills to play and make snowmen. Which we did. :) But this stuff was completely gone by noon.

And I am very very touched. Bonnie and Cheryl have honored me with a "You Make my Day Award" and in the process have made *my* day! Cheryl tried to sneak it by me, but I caught on to her. ;) Thank you so much! I have already passed it on before, so instead of naming more blogs this time I will just tell you how much I really enjoy all of the blogs I read! And through the really crazy time I've had the past year, I have sorely missed you all when I haven't had time to catch up on the latest! You all rock. :)

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger raining sheep said...

It is true, snow is great when you hardly ever see it. I live in Canada - it was -33C (-15F) yesterday...I am not too keen on snow right now.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

How fun! A few years ago, we actually had snow on the freeway--for about 200 yards. It caused a massive traffic jam (which I was stuck in with a toddler and a preschooler, trying to get to a law school class). I didn't even mind the jam after I saw the cause. It was really strange.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

So there's hope for my kid's then that they'll wake up to snow in Fresno??? (Just kidding obviously)....I can appreciate how exciting that must be....we miss the snow a lot this year!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

What a pretty street you live on! I do like the picture with the palm tree and the snowy hills. Very pretty.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

The snow pictures are beautiful. I drove through a snow/icy rain storm in Santa Cruz mountains last week. Very cool!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Snow makes me cringe!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

We had snow in the foothills on Tuesday morning. They declared a 'snow day' and closed the schools early. I hate to think what the folks with real snow must think about that.

I hope you all had a chance to enjoy it before it was gone.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Kids think snow is wonderful- until they have to shovel the driveway.

Blogging is fun, you can drop in on your buddies any time.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

and to think three weeks ago I had to drive to Stoneyford to play in the stuff.

I should have just waited.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I love snow and miss it terribly. I hope to move back to a "snow zone" soon!

2:01 PM  
Blogger theknitist said...

What a great photo! Love the palm and the snow-covered mountains!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love it! And you're right, the palm tree makes that picture fantastic! We're actually in the process of getting snowed in here in STL - may not have to go into Loopy Headquarters after all tomorrow...

6:31 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Congrats on your award. I'm so jealous that you guys almost never see snow. I think I've seen enough to last the rest of my life! lol

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures Romi. I've never been to this part of California. I don't miss snow. I moved back to Va two years ago from northwest MONTANA. SNOW SNOW SNOW! Pretty...but not enough sunlight for me.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow and a palm tree in the same picture! :-)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you gave me that award recently, but I forgot...I was taking a little blog break then, I'm so sorry! I felt really bad. :-(

You make many of our days, Rosemary.

5:57 PM  
Blogger judy said...

Great picture! I keep meaning to drop by and thank you for Ice Queen. What a beautiful and wearable pattern. I had great fun making it and absolutely love wearing it.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home