02 January 2008

My Finnish Friend

I have been remiss in blog posting lately; y'all may have noticed. :/ But I really wanted to share one of the coolest things that happened to me all last year. A man emailed me late last year and said that his Finnish girlfriend was coming out to visit, and asked if I had a store, since she had wanted to see my pins in person (my head may have gotten a little big right at that moment). I wrote back to say no, but told him when I would be at my lys (she carries my pins) for our little Saturday morning knitting get-together, and invited them to join us.

Well, they did come!
We had a lovely visit, petted yarn and looked at pins together, and talked about Irma-Riitta's daughter, who is a knitter. I tried to convince Irma-Riitta herself to pick up her needles once again, but my powers of persuasion fell sadly short. :g:

And where do you suppose they were going after their stop in Windsor? Muir Woods! :) I thought it only fitting to show Irma-Riitta in the original Muir, which, I understand, her daughter quite likes.

Happy New Year, Irma-Riitta and Gene! It was wonderful meeting both of you. :)

Edited to add a NEWSFLASH: Saara (Irma-Riitta's knitting daughter) comments that her mother has picked up her needles again! Yay!!! That's excellent! :) Thank you for writing, Saara!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Wonderful story! Hope 2008 tops 2007 for you.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Very cool! Happy 2008 to you!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

What a great story! Happy New Year, Rima! :-)

5:18 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

When worlds collide!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool. She looks great with the original Muir wrapped around her.

9:48 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

How fitting that they were going to Muir Woods! You've become an international phenom, congrats!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Yeah! Very nice Rosemary.

I really really want to make that too. Sigh. I need a WIP list so I can sort out what I'm going to try to make this year, lol.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe... want to hear the other side of the story? :)

When my mother said that she was going to visit this place called Muir Woods, I said that there's a knitting pattern with that name, and it sounds like a wonderful place. Clicking to Knitty and admiring of your work ensued... And guess what? Not only did the women in the family get beautiful handmade jewelry for Christmas (I got the ball of yarn earrings :) but my mother has actually started knitting again!

So thanks, it was indeed a memorable visit!

Saara (the knitting daughter)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

How flattering!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Christina J. said...

A very nice story. Happy 2008!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Muir always looks gorgeous! and now the world got a knitter back too.

2:50 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

That is wonderful! Great way to start the New Year... glad to see you back in Blogland!

5:33 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

What a flattering shawl. It looks like perfection on her. Maybe her daughter should knit one for her.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely story. Happy New Year!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Resistance is futile.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun story! You're spreading the gospel of the knit. It seems you're an evangelical knitter :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

A really great anecdote!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

Don't you just love our knitbloggy world? Great story!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

That is a great story, you are an international star, of course it was bound to happen :D I love that Muir, I really really really want to make one for myself!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Let our powers of knitting combine! Internationally, and all.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this story! Hope your New Year wonderful! Terry

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to know you've been a good influence!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home