09 December 2007

Monday's Musing

Edited to add some breaking news on the yarnball earring front. I am now sold out and awaiting more materials to arrive! You can back order here. Thanks so much for your orders and your patience!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, thank you all so much for your kind words about Ice Queen! You all made me feel fabulous!!! As usual, I cannot reply to most of you because of the way Blogger handles email addresses, but please know that I so appreciate your comments!

The Yarnhog has inspired my musings today.

"The name of peace is sweet, and the thing itself is beneficial, but there is a great difference between peace and servitude. Peace is freedom in tranquillity, servitude is the worst of all evils, to be resisted not only by war, but even by death."
- Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
- Jawaharlal Nehru (1889 - 1964)

"I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (
1929 - 1968)

At this time of year the song Dona Nobis Pacem runs through my head constantly. What a lovely holiday gift that would be for all of us.
---------------------------

In other news, I've been tagged by Dr. Steph and Terri, so here follows TMI!

First Dr. Steph:

THE RULES:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Random and/or odd things about me:
1. I won't watch a movie if I know it has a sad ending. This is why I have never seen "Titanic."
2. I was trained as a classical musician, but I hardly ever listen to classical music.
3. I love puns, wordplay and limericks of all kinds, and I am a terrible punster.
4. I never thought I would have kids until I actually imagined not having them. I started to cry, and then I knew how important it really was to me.
5. I have perfect plumb, or whatever you would call it. I can tell if a wall or box or cabinet is straight by looking at it. Within fractions of an inch.
6. I am very very sentimental.
7. I constantly strive to center myself and find inner peace.

I tag Robin, Sarah, Ruth, Jen, Vanessa (maybe she'll start blogging again!), Annmarie, and Del. And with that, I think I have written quite enough! Terri's meme will have to wait 'til next post. :)

Have a great week everyone!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

We have another thing in common!....I trained as a classical singer but don't do much with it now!.....I also find it hard to watch movies with sad endings...I have seen Titanic but know that I won't watch it again because of how distraught I felt at the end!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Yikes Rosemary!

You are implying that I know 7 people whom to tag. lol

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting tidbits, Rosemary! What instrument do you play? I started taking violin lessons, but can barely play now. Still, I'm not giving up on my dream of learning to play at least decently.

I'll do the tag next post, thanks!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

And Miss Rosemary, thanks for the kind words and it was great to see you too.

I would love to have you over the house sometime soon (I know, I know - post holiday book final draft, etc lol).

And I did fondle some ksh and Crystal Palace Kid merino last night.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great thoughts on peace! Don't forget when MLK said "True peace is not merely the absence of tension, but the presence of justice." LOVE that one!

:O)

11:22 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I wonder if we would appreciate peace if we didn't have to constantly fight for it. Look at how many thousands of years of conflict we have endured. Wars keep happening, genocides go unnoticed in the press. Peace seems like a fairy tale to most people. Having been to Lebanon I can say that I am very glad for the way we live in north America. There people don't even [pause if a bomb goes off. Imagine that. It takes several before it would ruffle feathers. Here if I hear a car tire back fire I think the worst.

Thank you for tagging me. I will get to responding soon. I like the plumb bit. Whatever they call it I have it too.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

Nifty. You're not missing anything by not seeing Titanic. Really.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home