First of all, thank you all so much for your kind words about Ice Queen! You all made me feel fabulous!!! As usual, I cannot reply to most of you because of the way Blogger handles email addresses, but please know that I so appreciate your comments!
The Yarnhog has inspired my musings today.
"The name of peace is sweet, and the thing itself is beneficial, but there is a great difference between peace and servitude. Peace is freedom in tranquillity, servitude is the worst of all evils, to be resisted not only by war, but even by death."
- Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
- Jawaharlal Nehru (1889 - 1964)
"I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)
At this time of year the song Dona Nobis Pacem runs through my head constantly. What a lovely holiday gift that would be for all of us.
In other news, I've been tagged by Dr. Steph and Terri, so here follows TMI!
First Dr. Steph:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Random and/or odd things about me:
1. I won't watch a movie if I know it has a sad ending. This is why I have never seen "Titanic."
2. I was trained as a classical musician, but I hardly ever listen to classical music.
3. I love puns, wordplay and limericks of all kinds, and I am a terrible punster.
4. I never thought I would have kids until I actually imagined not having them. I started to cry, and then I knew how important it really was to me.
5. I have perfect plumb, or whatever you would call it. I can tell if a wall or box or cabinet is straight by looking at it. Within fractions of an inch.
6. I am very very sentimental.
7. I constantly strive to center myself and find inner peace.
I tag Robin, Sarah, Ruth, Jen, Vanessa (maybe she'll start blogging again!), Annmarie, and Del. And with that, I think I have written quite enough! Terri's meme will have to wait 'til next post. :)
Have a great week everyone!