11 November 2007

A Veterans Day Remembrance

IN MEMORY OF DEPARTED COMRADES

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die in vain
as long as my sacrifice is not forgotten.
-author unknown

4 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Thank you for sharing this poem, it is very touching.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree- very touching. What a perfect Veteran's Day post.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Perfect Rosemary.

8:59 AM  
Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

wow. that's awesome poetry. thank you.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home