07 November 2007

Stunning

That's what Soo's Muir is. Simply stunning!

I'm afraid I have no pictures for you today. Not much other than stealth knitting going on. And the camera is recharging to boot.

So...I'm going to have to try to think of something interesting. Like the fact that yesterday I had hits from both Moscow, Idaho and Moscow Russia. Or the fact that I reconnected with a friend today with whom I have not spoken in 22 years.
And then there's the dear friend I spoke with over the weekend. I hadn't actually heard her voice in over ten years, I think. Emails, yes. But there's something special about the phone. Gotta love that free long distance. :)

Do you ever go through periods of wanting to reconnect with friends from whom you have drifted away? I've been doing that. And the funny thing is I've changed and they've changed, but it still seems like I just hung up the phone with them the day before. How can that be after so much time?

This month will be even shorter on the blogging, I'm afraid. I've got deadlines! Major deadlines! Wish me luck. :)

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Picking up bonds between old friends usually isn't that hard even if you and they have changed.There are always the things from the past to speak about...
Good luck on the deadlines !

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, Soo's Muir IS stunning. Wow.

I feel the same way about old friends, but I'm terrible about picking up the phone or even e-mailing sometimes! I just assume everyone is as busy as I am.

2:31 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Yes, I have definitely been reconnecting with old friends since my friend Zack died. We all loved him, and have re-bonded through his death, which he would have loved.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

Good luck with your deadlines, Romi! :-)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Laritza said...

That is one beautiful shawl!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stealth knitting, eh? I wonder if some of it is for publication, now that you are on such a roll... ;-)

I'm thinking over my yarn options for Muir, btw. I have some pink KSH that I might use for a pink-loving friend of mine, but I don't know what color/texture I want for myself! ;-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I would wish you luck, but I bet you aren't going to have any trouble meeting your deadlines! I hope the relief and sense of accomplishment you feel when it is all over will be worth the stress of crunch time.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Eeeeee - thanks! (I'm blushing!)

12:33 AM  
Blogger N. Maria said...

Oh, I enjoyed reading Soo's blog and seeing her Muir's.
I have just GOT to get with it and knit one for my Aunt Rosmarie in Germany.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Okay, good luck with the deadlines, Rosemary!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Good luck with the deadlines! Yep, I'm missing some of my old freinds right now.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

To quote from my book, "They are ours forever." It doesn't matter how much time has passed. Love doesn't die of old age.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

Luck! Hopefully those deadlines won't know what hit them as you blaze through them.

Oh, and happy stealth knitting. 'Tis the season!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Good Luck with the deadlines and stealth knitting!

It's always nice to reconnect. Even if it's just to see how they have done over the years.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I know that feeling... I heard from my best friend who is currently living in Munich for the first time since my son was born. He is 6 months old now.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

I reconnected this past week with a dear lady I haven't seen or spoken with in 20 years. She happened to be in town and was speaking at a women's conference. I was driving by and saw her name on a billboard sign and couldn't believe my eyes! We had a wonderful reunion and it definitely won't be so long between our next contact.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home